Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Say Ahhh! 1

Every once in a while I'm at the right place at the right time to photograph an animal with its mouth open.  No, really!  It's actually very hard to do!  But I do get lucky sometimes, like earlier this year, I caught this chicken turtle with its mouth open.  Did you know that turtles do not have any teeth?--just a sharp beak:
A hellbender is a type of aquatic salamander, and for the most part looks pretty unassuming and sort of blends in to its surroundings:
Until, it opens its mouth--then it's pretty impressive, wouldn't you say?
This next critter is always amusing us and showing off its swimming skills.  I caught it with its mouth open as it was twirling around in the water.  I don't know if sticking out its tongue makes it swim any faster, but he certainly looked like he was having a good time....but otters always seem to be having a good time no matter what!
Our coyote has an expressive face, but more so when she's howling....
....or yawning!  My, what big teeth you have, right?
More in two weeks!
Cheers,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment